Openings for Committee Chairpersons
Will you Help Make a Difference?
With a new lodge year beginning April 1, 2018, there are committees in need of people like you to chair them. This is a wonderful way to make a difference in your lodge and community! A strong lodge is full of exciting charitable activities and enjoyable social events… this is only possible with strong committees.
The various lodge committees join forces at the monthly Committee Enhancement Meeting. At that meeting chair people share plans for their committee and all chair people share their knowledge and ideas to come up with the best way to carry out each committees activities. So even though you may take on the role of a committee chairperson, as a ‘rookie’, you won’t be alone.
Not yet sure you want to be a committee chairperson? Come to the next committee meeting to see what it’s all about. Meetings are the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:00 pm. No obligation to do a thing! We have people that attend those meetings to learn what’s taking place at the lodge, you can make suggestions and help with events. You do not need to head up a committee but you will learn about them.
Below is a list of committees needing a chairperson for the April 2018 – March 2019 year. A link is included to the Elk’s National website that provides information pertaining to that specific committee. If you do not have an account on Elk’s National website you will need to access https://www.elks.org and create an account. Please take a look at the below links:
- Americanism Committee –: https://www.elks.org/programs/americanism.cfm
- Scholarship Committee – https://www.elks.org/scholars/
- Drug Awareness – https://www.elks.org/dap/aboutDAP.cfm
- Public Relations – https://www.elks.org/grandlodge/manuals/ then select Public Relations & Marketing Committee Download
The following are committees that have a chairperson but could use additional assistance.
- Membership Committee – Chairperson Sara Evans, https://www.elks.org/grandlodge/membership/news.cfm
- Hoop Shoot – Chairperson Jeff Ruzicka, https://www.elks.org/hoopshoot/
- Elks National Foundation (ENF) – Chairperson Jeff Ruzicka, https://www.elks.org/enf/supportENF.cfm/
- Veterans Committee – Chairperson Phil Bradley, https://www.elks.org/vets/
We hope you take an interest and want to assist with one or more of the committees. Come to the Monday, March 19, 6:00 PM Meeting! For information call Karen Johnson, 714-394-5435 or email email@example.com.